Sep 24, 2007

Eaves!


I don't try to listen in on other people's conversations.
But recently I overheard some interesting things. Let me set them up for you.

1. Coffee Shop
I'm listening to classical guitar and writing up a paper. Two sorority sisters sit down and begin having a conversation beside me. To quote Stanley from the Office, "Sometimes women say more in their pauses than they say in their words..." Needless to say, he is so right on this one. I had to leave the coffee shop because I heard the word "like" at least 76 times. I couln't take it.

2. Coffee Shop
I was, yep studying, sitting between an Asian couple and three Arab guys, with a Mexican mother/daughter combo across from me, and two guys speaking German in the corner. I didn't overhear too much this time. But quite the melting pot, eh?

3. The Library
By now you've firgured out my daily routine. Sitting at the library, studying mind you, and I heard the following conversation between two elderly women trying to find a library card in their wallets.
(Increase volume by 10x)
"IS THIS THE CARD?" (one woman who doesn't have her specs hands the card to the other woman)
"WELL, NO THIS ISN'T IT...THIS IS A CARD TO GET TEN FREE PANTIES, IT EXPIRES IN 2003"
I have no words to further this entry.

That's it for now.

No comments: